Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meet Philissa Williams


This week I would like to introduce one of the designers for our show coming up, Philissa Williams. I had a quick interview with her and this is how it went.

What inspires you?
"I am inspired by patterns, shapes, colors, people, art and travel."

What other shows have you designed for? (Or any other information about your design history) "I have been designing for 10 years and have had several fashion shows, trunks shows and photoshoots during this time. I am also a personal shopper and stylist."

Are you from Richmond? Or how did you come to be in Richmond?
"I am not from Richmond. I was asked to be apart to this show at the Silver Spring Crafty Bastards."

When, or how, did you know you wanted to be a designer?
"I started reconstructing my own clothing and people started liking what I wore, so I tried to sell some things and next thing I know, I was designing and sewing.. Never stopped since."

If you could meet any designer (deceased or not) who would it be?
"Galliano.. I love how exotic, sexy, bold, artistic and glamorous his couture is. He creates wearable art."

What types of fabrics do you like to work with?
"I like to work with denim, cotton blends, and leather."

What is your favorite garment to design?
"Dresses!! They are fun, great for all occasions."

What style of clothes do you wear?
"I wear all styles. It just depends on my mood or the occasion."

Where is your favorite Richmond spot to go and relax?
"Never been"

Describe yourself in one word.
"Original"

1 comment:

roytp said...

philissa...it's roy from univ of md! ive been trying to find u for forever! call me 323 219 8747