Thursday, September 18, 2008

From S. Korea to the RVA meet Ra

This soon to be graduate is another fashion designer that will be joining us on October 3. Her designs will be walking down the runway in two more weeks, and we can't wait to show you what she has in store. Here are some interesting facts so that everyone can get to know this lovely designer.

What inspires you?
"I'm usually inspired from the nature; the way water flows, trees, flowers, and more. And the history of fashion is really inspire me too such as silhouette, a mood, the iconic person in that era."

What other shows have you designed for? (Or any other information about your design history)
"I'm a student studying fashion design. It's the first show, except for vcu fashion show, so it's meaningful to me. But I did internships during summer in NYC, preparing their 09's/s which is showing now with the professional."

Are you from Richmond? Or how did you come to be in Richmond?
"I'm from South Korea. I came to the us about three years ago for the school, and will graduate in 09' may."

When, or how, did you know you wanted to be a designer?
"I've always wanted to do something related to art. When I was in high school, I wanted to do painting. But after watching New York collection, I decided to do fashion. That was one of my most right and important decision in my lifetime."

If you could meet any designer (deceased or not) who would it be?
"Stella McCartney. She always makes me surprised. Her clothes are very unique but still wearable!"

What types of fabrics do you like to work with?
"Wool, heavy weight cotton."

What is your favorite garment to design?
"I do love tailoring. Suits, jackets, and vests. Those are my favorite to design. "

What style of clothes do you wear?
"I like a classic style but always think of adding something streetwear look."

Where is your favorite Richmond spot to go and relax?
"My home!! Haha. I love to relax at home, listening music."

Describe yourself in one word.
"Fashion-geek"

No comments: